tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7.0.52 strage startup
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2014 11:03:40 GMT
Hi.

1) Don't top-post.

Roberto Bottoni - AfterBit wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a linux debian 6 on a virtual machine..HD is ok and also the
> filesystem.. i have updated the system a few days ago.. I thought an
> update might solve the problems, but I get no success ..
> Tomcat is launched at system startup..

Then I would recommend to stop doing that (temporarily).  Remove the links which start
Tomcat at system boot (look in /etc/rc2.d or rc3.d or rc4.d).
Reboot the system and make sure that Tomcat is not started.
(If it is still started, you have not removed all the relevant links).

Wait until the system is totally booted and ready, and then invoke the tomcat startup
script manually, like :

/etc/init.d/tomcatX start

Give Tomcat time enough to start (watch the logs), then stop it again using

/etc/init.d/tomcatX stop

Do this repeatedly, e.g. 10 times.

And then check if, in that case, it always starts properly, or it also intermittently
fails to start properly.

> I do not use remote-shares or anything like that for your deployment
> The problem is intermittent..

[...]