tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [OT] timeout
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2014 07:47:41 GMT
Howard W. Smith, Jr. wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 9:54 PM, Caldarale, Charles R <
> Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> wrote:
>
>>> From: Howard W. Smith, Jr. [mailto:smithh032772@gmail.com]
>>> Subject: Re: timeout
>> the
>>> 'junk'? please clarify the usage of the word 'junk', here. :)
>> I think the definition "something of poor quality" would fit in this case,
>> if the poor quality were a result of configuring equipment without regard
>> to the requirements of the network users.
>>
>>  - Chuck
>>

> understood, thanks Chuck. :)

Yes, what I meant precisely was thus : if after receiving numerous complaints from your
users and your boss that your application is misbehaving; after an in-depth review of the

Apache httpd and tomcat on-line documentation; after a level-headed discussion of the
issue with a group of independent experts; after a thorough witnessed interview of a
significant sample of the users to ascertain their professional behaviour in front of a
browser and the absence of any problem with their mouse buttons; after a careful and
time-consuming examination of all the evidence, including the access logs of both tomcat
and httpd; if after all that thus you would come to the inescapable conclusion that it is

the intermediate firewall/gateway that is the cause of all the trouble, then when you talk

to the people responsible for that equipment, the word that might come to mind then, to
qualify this equipment and its settings seen as a whole, is "junk".

Thank you for offering me the opportunity to clarify this section of my previous post.