tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Scripting Tomcat installation versus multiple instances
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2014 20:31:55 GMT
Leo Donahue wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 12:35 PM, André Warnier <aw@ice-sa.com> wrote:
>
>> Despite your name, you are too quick (and not lazy enough).
>> You could have waited an hour, to get that solution right here.
>> ;-)
>>

>> Sebastien Tardif wrote:
>>

>> Oh no you didn't, just top post. ?

Well, you see, it's all about the context.
It's a rather subtle thing really, and one needs a bit of feeling to do this just right.

If you are answering some particular question in the original text, or you are commenting

on a particular section, then it makes it much easier for everyone (or at least Western
readers), if you keep questions and answers in sequence.

See Mark's previous post in "Re: tomcat 5.5.26 misses a jar contaning
org.apache.tomcat.core.BaseInterceptor . . ."
and imagine this all top-posted..

However, if you were to make a general comment or observation not really related to any
section in particular, but to the message as a whole, then why not place it where it is
easiest to read without scrolling ?

Now let's not allow this to spread unduly; I suggest that only long-time contributors to
the list (3 years or more), would have the proper appreciation and restraint to be allowed

to flaunt the general rules once in a while.