tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Scripting Tomcat installation versus multiple instances
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2014 19:35:31 GMT
Despite your name, you are too quick (and not lazy enough).
You could have waited an hour, to get that solution right here.
;-)

Sebastien Tardif wrote:
> Ok, I got it.
>
> When I installed Tomcat on Windows, I used the Windows Service Installer, the executable,
not the zip.

> It seems the installation will rename the executables to whatever name you give to your
instance, but that executable can be used like service.bat for that command. The executables
are renamed so that when you execute them they default to match the Windows service with the
same name.

> Also, the same Tomcat documentation mentions a batch file called service.bat, that file
doesn't exist in the executable installer but does exists in the zip file for Windows.

> To debug installation of Tomcat's services, it's useful to know that the registry location
that persist all the settings is under: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Apache Software
Foundation\Procrun 2.0