tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: filter question
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2014 17:26:53 GMT
Christopher Schultz wrote:

> Makilaj,
>
> On 3/14/14, 8:32 AM, Mikolaj Rydzewski wrote:
>> On 14.03.2014 13:25, André Warnier wrote:
>>
>>> Not a direct answer to your question, but this subject comes up
>>> so often that maybe a generic explanation may help.
>> [...]
>>> So any attempt at that point by the webapp (filters, servlet,
>>> whatever) to modify the status or the headers will be met by a
>>> refusal : "can't do that, the response is already committed".
>> +100
>>
>> Wow, great explanation!
>
> Agreed.
>
> André, would you care to turn that into an entry on the Tomcat Wiki
> FAQ page? The concept of a "committed" response is certainly one that
> could use some clarification for those who don't understand it.

I would happily do so, except that I am just at the point of leaving for a week where I'll

have little time for that kind of thing.  Let's do this : I donate the response and all
concommittant rights to the Apache Foundation, and will happily let someone else create
the FAQ article and do some cut-and-paste in my stead.