tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bill Davidson <bill...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6 vs. Tomcat 7 vs Cisco Load Balancer vs Java Applet
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2014 18:26:21 GMT
On 3/4/2014 9:40 AM, Bill Davidson wrote:
> We tried to upgrade a production server to Tomcat 7 yesterday and it
> broke our printing applet that we use to control a printer in its native
> printer language.
>
> This seemed odd to us because it worked perfectly in testing. When we
> go direct to our production servers (bypassing the Cisco load balancer
> which is doing SSL for us), it also works fine in production.
>
> The only thing that's changed is using Tomcat 7.
>
> We only have one connector in server.xml
>
>     <Connector port="8009"
>             protocol="AJP/1.3"
>             address="127.0.0.1"
>             redirectPort="443"
>             connectionTimeout="600000"
>             maxThreads="1000"
>             maxPostSize="5242880"
>             maxParameterCount="66000" />

I realized that I forgot a lot of info:

Tomcat 7.0.47 on RHEL 5.10
Apache httpd 2.2.25

It worked fine with Tomcat 6.0.37

The applet is bit-for-bit identical.  It's built with Java 1.1 compatibility mode.

It's some sort of combination of the load balancer and Tomcat 7 not getting
along with each other, but there's nothing to indicate that in catalina.out or
mod_jk.log or error.log.