tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Scott Dudley <sc...@telesoft.com>
Subject Tomcat JDBC Connection Pool Resource Name Issue
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2014 00:04:08 GMT

I'm using the Tomcat JDBC connection pool on apache-tomcat-7.0.30.

My context xml resource name is as follows:

<Resource name="jdbc/mypool" ...

When running under Tomcat, calling ConnectionPool.getName() from my
custom JdbcInterceptor returns "Tomcat Connection Pool[1-992158371]".
Under JSE (a stand-alone main), it returns the expected value "jdbc/mypool".

Why is my resource name ignored or otherwise not used when running under
the container?

Thanks.

--

Scott Dudley | Senior Developer

Telesoft | 1661 E. Camelback Road, Suite 300 | Phoenix, AZ 85016
P: 602.308.1115 | F: 602.308.1300 | W: www.telesoft.com
<http://www.telesoft.com/?utm_source=signature&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2012>

TEM Edge Blog
<http://www.telesoft.com/blog?utm_source=signature&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2012>