tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark H. Wood" <mw...@IUPUI.Edu>
Subject Re: Tomcat-user versus StackOverflow
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2014 13:43:08 GMT
On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 01:31:06PM +0000, Mark Thomas wrote:
> While something that is effectively cross-posting is annoying for
> those us subscribed to this list and who use stack overflow I can
> understand folks wanting to seek help from a range of different places.

I'm reminded of the repairman's story of arriving at a site and
discovering he'd been entered in a race:  the customer had called two
other repair shops as well, and apparently whoever arrived first got
the job.  He was unhappy about that.  I can understand why.

Machines should not be friendly.  Machines should be obedient.