tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steve Lopez <st...@regattacentral.com>
Subject retain context.xml across war updates
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2014 17:55:58 GMT
Is there a way to ensure an applications context.xml isn't deleted across reloads of the war
file?    We have server-specific settings in each context.xml and are looking for a way to
deploy the same WAR file across each Tomcat instance.

My first attempt at this was to put the context.xml into ~ catalina /conf/Catalina/localhost/ROOT.xml.
  However, Tomcat deletes the file when the app is unloaded.

Is there a setting to tell Tomcat *not* to delete the context.xml in ~catalina/conf/Catalina/[host]/[app]?
  If not, what is the 'best practice' for providing configuration settings to each Tomcat
while also enabling a simple continuous integration and deployment of WAR files for an application
across multiple Tc instances.      Creating custom war files (one for each server) seems brittle
and risky if the wrong war is accidentally deployed on the wrong server.

Specifically, context.xml contains custom settings for memcached-session-manager which specifies
the primary and fallback memcache host.  These would be different for each server when using
sticky sessions.

Thanks,
Steve