tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jain, Shailesh" <shj...@suncor.com>
Subject RE: Problem starting Tomcat 6.0.39 (64) service under Windows 7/64
Date Sat, 08 Feb 2014 04:59:08 GMT
Hello  Chris,

Iam  getting very high memory utilization issue in tomcat 7 , which is installed on Windows
(Vmware)

Let me know if oyu want logs , and let me know the ftp link where I can upload the logs.

Regards,
Shailesh Jain
Suncor MW

-----Original Message-----
From: cjderham@gmail.com [mailto:cjderham@gmail.com] On Behalf Of chris derham
Sent: Saturday, February 08, 2014 5:02 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Problem starting Tomcat 6.0.39 (64) service under Windows 7/64

Christopher

> On 2/7/14, 4:01 AM, Christoph P.U. Kukulies wrote:
>> I downloaded tomcat 6.0.39 (64) from tomcat.apache.org, put it into
>> c:\program files\Apache_Group\Tomcat_6.0.39 and ran the service.bat
>> which established the service.
>>
>> As system environment variables I have set:
>>
>> CATALINA_HOME=c:\Program Files\Apache_Group\Tomcat_6.0.3
>> JAVA_HOME=c:\Program Files\java\jdk1.7.0_51 JRE_HOME=c:\program
>> files\java\jre7
>
> Note that, when using the Windows Service, the above environment
> variables are completely irrelevant.

For the benefit of the mailing archive, when "using the windows service" the variables are
not relevant. However when I read Christoph's post, I think that it is more along the lines
of "I set these variables when I ran service.bat", in which case the values at that time are
critical. True they don't have to be system environment variables - plain environment variables
in the console will do.
However it is wrong to say environment variables are completely irrelevant.

Chris

This email and its contents are private and confidential, for the sole use of the addressees.
If you are not an intended recipient, copying, forwarding or other distribution of this email
or its contents by any means is prohibited. If you believe that you received this email in
error please notify the original sender immediately.

Petro-Canada is a Suncor Energy business.

Ce courriel et son contenu sont privés et confidentiels, et sont destinés à l’usage exclusif
des destinataires. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire prévu, toute reproduction, transfert
ou autre forme de diffusion de ce courriel ou de son contenu par quelque moyen que ce soit
est interdit. Si vous croyez avoir reçu ce courriel par erreur, veuillez en aviser l'expéditeur
original immédiatement.

Petro-Canada est une entreprise de Suncor Énergie.