tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jesse Barnum <jsb_tom...@360works.com>
Subject Re: What is the best connector configuration for thousands of mostly idle users?
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2014 16:55:23 GMT
On Feb 10, 2014, at 11:14 AM, Filip Hanik <filip@hanik.com> wrote:

> Jesse, mostly idle users and you wish to conserve resources. Use the
> JkOptions +DisableReuse
> on the mod_jk module. This will close connections after the request has
> been completed. Many will tell you this will slow down your system since
> new connections have to be created for each request. Usually, the overhead
> of this connection creation on a LAN is worth it. Measure for yourself.
> Then you can go back to the regular blocking AJP connector, that will
> perform a bit better as it doesn't have to do polling.

If I do this, can I keep a long keep-alive time on Apache? I need to preserve that, because
renegotiating SSL connections for every request grinds the web server to a halt.

Also, I thought mod_jk and mod_ajp were two different things - how can I use them both together?

--Jesse Barnum, President, 360Works
http://www.360works.com