tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Newman <dnew...@unixmonkeys.com>
Subject Tomcat JNDI Datasource
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 02:26:29 GMT
I have defined a JNDI JDBC datasource as a resource in the global
context.xml file.  I was under the impression that what this does is to
create a shared connection pool that is tomcat wide.  But in practice what
seems to happen is that a new instance of that connection pool is created
for each context that is running in the container.  For example, if I have
6 web applications deployed I end up with 60 connections to my database,
assuming the default initialSize parameter of 10.

Is there a way to have a single connection pool that is shared amongst
deployed applications?

In case it is relevant this is tomcat 7.0.19 using the tomcat connection
pool.

Thanks
-Dave