tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6.0.26 on Windows server - sessions are not expired
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2014 15:11:26 GMT
2014-02-03 Daniel Mikusa <dmikusa@gopivotal.com>:
> On Feb 3, 2014, at 9:00 AM, Maor Yosef <maoryosef@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 2:10 PM, Daniel Mikusa <dmikusa@gopivotal.com> wrote:
>
> Also, please realize that a JSP page, even one that simply prints out "OK" will create
a session.  This is by design and if you don't want it to create a session you need to explicitly
indicate that in your JSP.

> Ex:
>
>   <%@ page session="false" %>
>
> This is important in scenarios where you're doing load testing and using custom HTTP
clients, because these client's may not be handling sessions correctly and thus end up creating
a new session every time they access the page.

> Another way to handle misbehaving clients is, what Konstantin mentioned in his earlier
message about web bots, the CrawlerSessionManagerValve.

I added the above text to the FAQ page here:
https://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/OutOfMemory

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko