tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kumar Muthuramalingam <kumarkm...@gmail.com>
Subject sudden increase in tomcat sessions..?
Date Sun, 09 Feb 2014 00:08:35 GMT
Hi,
  I 'm using tomcat version 6 and 7. One day there was a sudden increase in
number of sessions in both tomcats. And all the sessions had no username,
same lastaccessed time, same created time and the inactive time was
00:00:00. It is not happening always but it happens some times on some day.
Can't predict. And We have set the idle timeout as -1 because we have to.
When I try to dig the log. It showed that the load balancer IP was sending
many ping requests to our application. Can anybody tell why this is
happening and how can I find the cause?

Thanks,
Kumar.