tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Campbell, Lance" <la...@illinois.edu>
Subject documentation resource suggestions for scaling tomcat 7 horizontally
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2014 16:48:53 GMT
I am looking for free documentation for scaling Tomcat 7 horizontally.  I currently have three
tomcat 7 application servers load balanced.   The system is working good.  I have noticed
that my number of connections has increased.  I was hoping to find an up to date resource
guide that would give me suggestions on when to add additional nodes.  I know there are a
gazillion variables to consider.  I am just wanting to get some generalized suggestions.
I have read on a couple of sites that at about 500 to 750 connections one should really consider
adding additional nodes.

Thanks,

Lance Campbell<http://illinois.edu/person/lance>
Software Architect