tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sampers, Ruud" <>
Subject Tomcat 7.0. Webdav Returns 0x80070021
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2014 19:42:30 GMT

Native apache WebDAV implementation is unable to reroute the root

to another location.

The error returned was induced by experimenting with aliases in

directories outside the tomcat context, the logging revealed that on

specific url (via the alias) the webdav protocol is not available. After

several experiments conducted with paths, docBase and aliases I came to

conclusion that the only thing that was working  is webdav enabled in

ROOT, without having the possibility to put your content outside the

Windows 7  (with my test cases) was not the issue, I also tried

webdav (great tool btw) gave the same responses.

What worked for my is the:

Implementation 2 JARs put in the lib directory:

        + jcl-over-slf4j-1.7.5.jar

                                + slf4j-api-1.7.5.jar

                                + webdav-servlet-2.0.1.jar

Plus the default webdav servlet descriptor in the web.inf , rootpath put

c:/tmp. Worked out of the box.

>From this I mapped drives from windows 7 and cyberduck and it al worked

great. Basic crud like you would expect.

Happy coding!

Ruud Sampers.

This message and attachment(s) are intended solely for use by the addressee and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable

If you are not the intended recipient or agent thereof responsible for delivering this message
to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or

If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by
telephone and with a 'reply' message.

Thank you for your co-operation.