tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jesse Barnum <jsb_tom...@360works.com>
Subject Re: retain context.xml across war updates
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 02:00:40 GMT
Thanks, that explains why it's not working for me (I have 7.0.35).

--Jesse Barnum, President, 360Works
http://www.360works.com
Product updates and news on http://facebook.com/360Works
(770) 234-9293
== Don't lose your data! http://360works.com/safetynet/ for FileMaker Server ==

On Feb 6, 2014, at 1:54 PM, Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> wrote:

> On 06/02/2014 18:22, Jesse Barnum wrote:
>> Mark, which version of Tomcat 7 implemented the behavior described in that document?
>
> Strictly, 7.0.48 but that wasn't released. 7.0.50 is the first release
> with that behaviour. The 8.0.x releases behave that way as well (some of
> the early RCs may not).
>
> Mark
>

>> --Jesse Barnum, President, 360Works
>> http://www.360works.com
>> Product updates and news on http://facebook.com/360Works
>> (770) 234-9293
>> == Don't lose your data! http://360works.com/safetynet/ for FileMaker Server ==

reloads of the war file?    We have server-specific settings in each context.xml and are looking
for a way to deploy the same WAR file across each Tomcat instance.

  However, Tomcat deletes the file when the app is unloaded.

  If not, what is the 'best practice' for providing configuration settings to each Tomcat
while also enabling a simple continuous integration and deployment of WAR files for an application
across multiple Tc instances.      Creating custom war files (one for each server) seems brittle
and risky if the wrong war is accidentally deployed on the wrong server.

which specifies the primary and fallback memcache host.  These would be different for each
server when using sticky sessions.