tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: sudden increase in tomcat sessions..?
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2014 20:30:14 GMT
Kumar Muthuramalingam wrote:
> Thanks for all. Finally found the issue. Think it should be a network
> delay. The load balancer was configured in such a way to send the ping
> requests for every 3 secs. But it didn't happened and it was irregular. And
> it sent all the delayed pings at a time. I think it should be the cause. Am
> I right? Please confirm.

Kumar,
in my language there is a say : "there is no worse deaf person, than one who does not want

to hear".  In other words :

You - are - not - listening : we - do - not - know.

We do not have a crystal ball which shows us your system and its configuration.

If you do not want a session created for each "ping" of your load-balancer, then set the
load-balancer to ping a Tomcat URL that will not create a session.
And you have already been told how to achieve that.
How many pings your load-balancer is sending per minute is not the main issue here.
Whether or not each ping will create a session or not, is the issue.