tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7 and manager issues on VirtualHost environnement
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 10:30:32 GMT
Gaël THEROND wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm facing a really strange issue since about two or three days now.
>
> I've got a Tomcat Server, which contain a virtualhost like this:
>
> http://pastebin.com/gDBhTTLH
>
> If I start my tomcat instance, everything is fine, tomcat is launching
> correctly without error, and correctly create the virtual host under the
> ${catalina_base}/conf/Catalina/
>
> I can see on the catalina.out log file that tomcat even create the
> manager.xml to be able to have an isolated manager for this host.
>
> the manager.xml file is correct.
>
> However, if I try to upload a WAR I'm facing a 403 error coming from tomcat.
> Where I didn't get it, it's that on my main manager everything is fine, I
> can log in and load a WAR correctly.
>
> I'm sure that the tomcat-users.xml is correct because if it was not I would
> not be able to load/start a WAR on the main manager.
>
> Of course, all directory and path are owned by the tomcat user and the
> tomcat itself is launch with this user.
>
> The weird thing, is that sometimes, I can upload the WAR correctly without
> 403 error but then I can't start the application resulting of another 403
> error.
>
> If any futher informations are needed, let me know, I'll provide them as
> soon as possible.

In 99% of the cases, it helps if you provide right away the full version of Tomcat, of the

JVM you are using, and on which platform this is running.
If anything, it saves time for the persons who are trying to help you.
It may also save /you/ a lot of time if it reminds someone that this is a know bug in the

version 7.0.xx that you are using, and is corrected in version 7.0.yy; or if some
attribute should be set because your are under platform xyz etc..