tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Eggers <its_toas...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: unable to start Tomcat through the Windows Services panel
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2014 20:06:50 GMT
Replies inline.

On 2/6/2014 11:51 AM, javier_espana@hna.honda.com wrote:
> I remember installing an older version of Tomcat some years ago and it had
> a Setup.exe or Install.exe program in its library which invoked the Windows
> installer and installed it as a service.  Some of the documentation for
> version 7 mentions the Windows installer but does not provide a link or
> gives an actual name.  In some other part of the documentation it says to
> download the binary version and expand it in its own directory, which I
> did, but I can not find a Windows program that will install it and set it
> up as a service.
> I am running Windows 7  64 bit and I did download the Tomcat 64 bit binary
> version
>
> I also tried at the command prompt the following to install it as a
> service, which I did, but it still will not start through the Windows
> Services panel.
> tomcat7 //IS//Tomcat7 --DisplayName="Apache Tomcat 7"
> --Install="C:\Tomcat7042\bin\tomcat7.exe" --Jvm=auto --StartMode=jvm
> --StopMode=jvm --StartClass=org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap
> --StartParams=start --StopClass=org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap
> --StopParams=stop
>
> Thank you

The installer is on the download page:

http://tomcat.apache.org/download-70.cgi

It's under Binary Distributions, and it's the last link before Full
Documentation:

The link title is:

32-bit/64-bit Windows Service Installer (pgp, md5)

This should auto-detect which JVM you have installed on your machine.

As additional points of interest, could you open up a command line
window and type:

java -version
echo %JRE_HOME%
echo %JAVA_HOME%

and paste the output into a response on the list?

. . . . just my two cents.
/mde/