tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Eggers <its_toas...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Manager Doesn't Recognize context = "/"
Date Sat, 01 Feb 2014 22:32:22 GMT
> 2014-02-01 Jerry Malcolm <2ndgenfilms@gmail.com>:
>> Well I turned on Firebug.  This is what it gives me.  Doesn't look
>> like there is much useful info in here.  If there's something specific
>> you are looking for that's not here, I can do more tracing.....
>>
>> ====This is the "response" tab content:
>>
>> POST stop?path=/Projectmanag...420E758A102ED89CE89346C
>> 400 Bad Request
>> local.texasweddingsltd.com
>> 0 B
>> 127.0.0.1:80
>>

> Unless you omitted something, the above is a malformed HTTP request.
> A proper request URI starts with "/" (unless it is a full URL
> including the host name).
>
> (In the case of Tomcat Manager in Tomcat 7, the request should be
> "POST /manager/html/stop?path=/foo"  for HTML interface)
>
> How can it be?
>

> Best regards,
> Konstantin Kolinko

Konstantin,

It could be the way he copied it from Firebug. When I look at Firebug,
the showing at the top of the Net tab displays:

POST stop?path=/appname&org.apa...D6AF9D17 (and truncated)

However, if you right-mouse click on the URL and copy the request
headers, you get the entire URL.

I'm thinking Jerry copied the "pretty print" version that's displayed in
the Headers tab under the Net selection.

Jerry, if you right-mouse click on the URL listed in the Net selection
you can copy the following:

Request Headers
Response Headers

You can also click on "view source" for Request Headers, and Response
Headers in the Headers tab and copy that. Sadly, that seems to introduce
a blank line between each request or response header line, while the
right-mouse click and copy doesn't.

I'm still wondering about the callBack header item though.

. . . . just my two cents.
/mde/