tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bruce Whealton" <br...@futurewaveonline.com>
Subject Newbie Help - Up and Running with Tomcat on Windows
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2014 07:02:08 GMT
Hello all,
           I have had a difficult time getting Tomcat to start.  I first tried installing
it with xampp.  I had a hunch that the problem was that there might be a port conflict, so
I tried a different ports but still it would not start from the xampp control panel.  BTW,
this is trying to run on Windows 8.1.
           I also downloaded the full version of Netbeans which includes Tomcat and and Glassfish
server bundled with the download.  I am fairly certain that I told it to install Tomcat during
the installation.
         I thought that maybe GlassFish server is interfering with Tomcat, but I only got
that server when I installed Netbeans and I had trouble getting Tomcat to start even before
installing Netbeans which integrated GlassFish server.
           It might be something as obvious as not having Java EE installed separately.  Perhaps
Tomee+ will provide all that is needed.
Thanks in advance for any feedback,  and help,
Bruce