tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Callinswood,Kevin,VEVEY,GLOBE BTC" <Kevin.Callinsw...@nestle.com>
Subject cookie issue with Tomcat 7 - does not accept the character "é"
Date Sun, 02 Feb 2014 19:31:13 GMT
We have upgraded to Tomcat 7 from Tomcat 6 and we are now facing issues due to some of the
standard company cookies containing an "é".

Tomcat 6 accepted the "é" but upgrading to Tomcat 7  we get an error if the "é" is any parameter
except for the 1st position.  The error received is:

SEVERE: Error processing request
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Control character in cookie value
or attribute.

I have tried playing around with the parameters in the catalana.properties file but with no
success.  Is there a way to remove all checking of cookies ?

Possible solutions are to revert to Tomcat 6, change web server, or encode the cookies.  We
are planning a go-live a week from now so reverting to Tomcat 6 seems to be the solution in
the short term.

Thanks in advance for any advice on this,

Kevin CALLINSWOOD