tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bob DeRemer <>
Subject META-INF/Context.xml path question
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2014 17:38:38 GMT
We're trying to determine if it's possible to build a WAR with an embedded META-INF/Context.xml
that defines the webapp path to be different then the WAR file name.   Let's say we have AppServer-<version>.war,
but we want to access it as: http://<host>/Server.   In addition, we want to support
uploading/installing the WAR both from the Manager app as well as using ftp/command-line to
copy the WAR and restart Tomcat.  This way, it's pretty much automatic without editing/creating
additional XML files.

If this works, then we can have identifiable WAR files, but with a common/standard webapp

We have reviewed the docs and the only approach that has worked for us is adding a separate
Context element to the <Tomcat>/conf/Server.xml file.

ThingWorx, a PTC owned company

Bob DeRemer, Sr. Director Architecture/Development<> |<>
M: 717.881.3986 | O: 610.594.6200 x 812