tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tapajyoti Roybarman <>
Subject System.out.println statements not captured in catalina.out
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2014 08:42:55 GMT

I need to record all debug statements (System.out.println("xyz")) from my
application in catalina.out log. When I start Tomcat it creates the log
file and only records statements till the server startup. But after that,
none of the System.out.println() statements present in my JSPs get
recorded in catalina.out file. Though I can see these statements in the
Tomcat console.

Tomcat Version : apache-tomcat-7.0.27

OS : Windows 7

I am attaching few files which might be of some help. --> present in tomcat/conf

catalina.2013-12-31.log --> example, so that you can see what gets
generated. Present in tomcat/logs --> present in tomcat/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/classes

I have seen the documentation present in But, the problem is
that I can only use the default configuration (JULI). I cannot go for any
other option. So, I need to find out a way using my current configuration

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
and any attachments. Thank you

View raw message