tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Mikusa <dmik...@gopivotal.com>
Subject Re: Menu is not working for since Tomcat 7.0.42
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2014 12:26:49 GMT
On Jan 9, 2014, at 5:11 AM, Chinmoy Chakraborty <cchinu@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We have a web application which has menus and sub menus which are basically
> divs. On clicking on menu we are showing the sub menus. This happens
> through AJAX request.
>
> The application was working fine till Tomcat 7.0.41. But since 7.0.42 it
> stopped working. We are using jdk 7.
>
> We did not change anything between 7.0.41 and 7.0.42 in our side. Could
> anyone give me pointer regarding the issue?

No way to say what's happening here.  Some tips on troubleshooting.

1.) Look at the logs.  Do you see any error messages?

2.) Look at the result of your AJAX request.  You can use Firebug or Chrome Dev Tools.  See
what request is being sent to the server and the response.  Are these what you'd expect?
Note, if the request never returns (i.e. hangs), see #4.

3.) Look at the access logs on Tomcat.  Locate the AJAX request that's being sent.  See what
response was generated (i.e. 200, 4xx, 5xx).

4.) If requests are hanging, take three thread dumps while waiting on the hung request.  These
will show what the server is doing.

5.) Look at the CPU usage on your machine.  Do you see higher than normal CPU usage?

6.) Indicate if you're going through a proxy or if connections go directly to Tomcat.

After investigating further, if you've not discovered the problem, report back with more details.

Dan