tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dames, Kristopher J" <Kristopher.Da...@Mercy.Net>
Subject Maximum HTTP parameters
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2014 21:47:32 GMT
My webapp needs to pass several thousand parameters in an HTTP POST request. I am required
to use RHEL's tomcat packages (currently on 6.0.24). I figured out Red Hat has capped the
maximum HTTP parameters at 512 and to get around it, I have to add the Java parameter "-Dorg.apache.tomcat.util.http.Parameters.MAX_COUNT=5000"
to the JVM. I know this isn't strictly a Tomcat issue since the problem is Red Hat's doing,
but is anyone aware if it is possible to set this value to "unlimited"? I tried setting it
to 0 and -1 but they were treated as literal values.

--
Kris Dames

This email contains information which may be PROPRIETARY IN NATURE OR OTHERWISE PROTECTED
BY LAW FROM DISCLOSURE and is intended only for the use of the addresses(s) named above.
If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately.