tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Mikusa <dmik...@gopivotal.com>
Subject Re: Running native JNI calls in parallel from different Tomcat threads
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2014 13:37:41 GMT
On Jan 5, 2014, at 8:23 PM, Jasmeet Chhabra <jasmeet@chhabra-inc.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>   I have a Tomcat server that receives many web requests in parallel. The
> web requests make a native call using JNI to my library. These calls are
> long running (400 ms each call). What I have noticed is that even though I
> am getting web requests in parallel,  the native calls seem to be
> serialized.   I don't take any locks in the native code that would force
> serialization. Is there anything in Tomcat that prevents same native calls
> being called in parallel from separate Tomcat threads?

Seems unlikely to me.  Perhaps you can give us some basic info about you setup.  Start with
your JVM, Tomcat version and configuration (minus comments and sensitive info).

Also, try taking some thread dumps while the server is busy.  Not sure it'll show everything,
but it could give you some clues.

Dan