tomcat-users mailing list archives

From C├ędric Couralet <cedric.coura...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat as Windows service under technical user
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2014 09:27:53 GMT
2014/1/27 Strobel, Stefan (TS IC) <stefan.strobel@hp.com>:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I would like to run a Tomcat 7.0.47 as Windows service. But that service shall not be
executed as Administrator but as a local technical user. That user is existent, let's call
it A. The account is secured with password B.
> The question is, how do I install Tomcat as a service (that starts at Windows startup)
as the technical user A? I tried various commands, but didn't get it working.

> Any ideas, solutions?

Once the service installed, you can change the User with the sc utility :

sc.exe config <serviceName> obj= <domain\username> password= <password>