tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jasmeet Chhabra <jasm...@chhabra-inc.com>
Subject Running native JNI calls in parallel from different Tomcat threads
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2014 01:23:30 GMT
Hi,
   I have a Tomcat server that receives many web requests in parallel. The
web requests make a native call using JNI to my library. These calls are
long running (400 ms each call). What I have noticed is that even though I
am getting web requests in parallel,  the native calls seem to be
serialized.   I don't take any locks in the native code that would force
serialization. Is there anything in Tomcat that prevents same native calls
being called in parallel from separate Tomcat threads?

Thanks,
Jas