tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jasmeet Chhabra <>
Subject Running native JNI calls in parallel from different Tomcat threads
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2014 01:23:30 GMT
   I have a Tomcat server that receives many web requests in parallel. The
web requests make a native call using JNI to my library. These calls are
long running (400 ms each call). What I have noticed is that even though I
am getting web requests in parallel,  the native calls seem to be
serialized.   I don't take any locks in the native code that would force
serialization. Is there anything in Tomcat that prevents same native calls
being called in parallel from separate Tomcat threads?