tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Тимур Кулибаев <timur.kulib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Oracle Application Server 10g R3 works fine with RK-1048 codepage but Tomcat 7.0.47 does not.
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2014 13:41:09 GMT
Hello, experts !  Thank to all those professionals who corresponds with me
for my trouble with Oracle UIX servlet on Tomcat.
Chris,  for your question:
>>>Did you try setting the encoding to "UTF-8" instead of "system" ?
Yes, but Kazakh letters are still incorrect. Regardless of what codepage I
put in AddDefaultCharset filter (UTF-8, Cp1251, CP1251) actual coding of
user data is always in UTF-8 - I restored text by decoding letter codes
from html-code (by view html-code of page) using http://unicodelookup.com.

Also as Konstantin adviced ieHTTPheaders output was created (for Tomcat
with JAVA_OPTS="-Duser.language=ru -Duser.country=RU
-Dfile.encoding=cp1251") - please see uploaded one.
I see from ieHTTPheader output that content-Type=Windows-1251 which is
correct.
I created one more ieHTTPheader output for Oracle Application Server which
works fine with Kazakh letters - see uploaded one also.

Konstantin,
you have many questions. Can you speak to me through Skype ? You can do
remote session with me using TeamViewer  (to arrange with me use skype:
timur.kulibaev) to see Tomcat and Oracle AS by your own eyes.
Yes, database is in cyrillic CL8MSWIN1251 and there is a PL/SQL package
which substitutes kazakh letters by some codes. Also, there is a filter
named useKZSymbols in servlet which filters in/out data-stream.

>>2. When the "trick" that inserts Kazakh characters into positions of
Cyrillic characters happens ?
I don't know exactly - I think at filter useKZsymbols.

>>Do you serve your page with content-type encoding of "windows-1251",  but
clients read and process it as if it were "RK-1048"?
In Oracle AS ieHTTPheader output I do not see any encoding set at all -
check yourself; client browser works always in Windows Cyrillic.

>>What is the value of "Content-Type" HTTP header in HTTP response
generated by the old and new servers ?
In old server: Content-Type: text/html
In new server: Content-Type: text/html;charset=windows-1251

>>What web browser are you using ?   Internet Explorer 6, 7, 8

See attached files with customer details form screenshot and ieHTTPheaders
output for Tomcat and Oracle AS.
What is the list of possible values of "encoding" tag for
AddCharsetEncodingFilter ?  May be i'm wrong with name of code page ?
Waiting for your answer,
thank you, Timur