tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Тимур Кулибаев <>
Subject Re: Oracle Application Server 10g R3 works fine with RK-1048 codepage but Tomcat 7.0.47 does not.
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2014 15:52:08 GMT
Hello, Chris !
Thank you for your correspondence with me.

I misleaded you a lot in the following part:

+++For Tomcat 7: lang="ru-RU", content="Oracle UIX",
+++charset="UTF-8" type="text/css"

Actually, charset="UTF-8" is applied only to link element:
<link rel="stylesheet" charset="UTF-8" type="text/css">

Servlet source code does not define contentType. Oracle UIX-
based servlet generates UIX-objects (*.uix)  dynamically at
user calls. UIX-objects are html-pages in fact and their header
has no contentType element. It means that Tomcat must itself decide
which code page is to be assigned to generated UIX-objects.
It's the root of the trouble.
I tried to use the following options to force Tomcat works in

$ echo $JAVA_OPTS
-XX:MaxPermSize=128M -Xms256m -Xmx1024m
-Dfile.encoding=Cp1251  <--also CP1251, windows-1251, Windows-1251

but no effect.
Also, I added filter:

but no effect.

Developers who created UIX-servlet left our company. I'm not Java
Is there any way to force Tomcat 7 implement dynamically generated
by single-byte contentType ?  Now actual contentType is Unicode.

In your previous letter you put a number of questions, so to make my message
as short as possible I answer to all your questions in attached file.
Please see one also.

thank you, Timur