tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Blaise Gervais <gervai...@gmail.com>
Subject Adding another schema to the web.xml
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2014 10:39:23 GMT
Hello,

I have a webapp named "portal" who gather informations about other webapps
("modules") running on the same Tomcat instance. The "portal" use JMX to
list all the webapps and then parse the web.xml to extract the "module" 's
name and description. So I can create a page with a link to all those
"module"s (Like the Tomcat manager).

But now, some "module"s expects parameters and I would like to be able to
ask for those parameters to the user before sending them to the "module".
To keep everything in a single place, I would like to create a schema who
describe those parameters and use it inside the web.xml.

The app is intended to be deployed only on our tomcat who don't validate
the web.xml. Does that seems to be a good idea ?

Thanks