tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <>
Subject Re: Would a developer please add this mime type to the distro?
Date Sat, 11 Jan 2014 03:03:52 GMT
2014/1/11 Jeffrey Janner <>:
> Tomcat 7 did a good job of collecting all the new Microsoft mime types into the standard
web.xml file, but missed the mapping for the ".one" file type for OneNote, even though that's
fully documented on the Microsoft Mime Types page.

1. What page, exactly?

>   The entry is:
>   <mime-mapping>
>     <extension>one</extension>
>     <mime-type>application/onenote</mime-type>
>   </mime-mapping>
> I know I can always add it to my local web.xml, but it's now the only one I need and
I figured that others might like to have it available as a default as well.

2. The list of mime types in Tomcat is kept in sync with the similar
list in Apache HTTPD.

If I look at HTTPD trunk, that mime-type is mapped to extensions
"onetoc" "onetoc2" "onetmp" "onepkg".

3. IMHO "application/onenote" is not a valid mime type on the Internet,
as it is not registered with IANA.

4. Formally, a way to go is to file an enhancement request.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: