tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Manager Doesn't Recognize context = "/"
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2014 01:43:36 GMT
> From: Jerry Malcolm [mailto:2ndgenfilms@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Manager Doesn't Recognize context = "/"

> I have a directory structure: c:\domains\myhost\webapps\aWebApp\....

> In server.xml, I've defined the host with appRoot of c:\domains\myhost\webapps

Do you mean appBase?  (Precision counts.)  Assuming that's supposed to be appBase, anything
under that directory will be automatically deployed (unless you've disable that).

> I want the url to this webapp to be myHost.com/aaa

Then name the directory aaa, not aWebApp (or see below).

> So according to the instructions above, I created a context file:
> .....\conf\Catalina\myHost\aaa.xml   (using the url context path)

> In the file aaa.xml I defined the context with path="/aaa" and
> docBase="aWebApp"

The path attribute is not allowed here, and the docBase, if present, must either match the
name of the .xml file or point to a location outside of appBase.  If the latter, put your
webapp directory there, not under appBase.

> When I start TC, I first get this error in the catalina log:

> WARNING: A docBase c:\domains\myHost\webapps\aWebApp inside the host
> appBase has been specified, and will be ignored

> followed by an error saying ".....myHost\webapps\aaa can't be found or
> is not a readable directory".

Both diagnostics are accurate and appropriate.

 - Chuck