tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Getting 404 before the container starts all servlets
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2014 04:19:02 GMT
> From: Adrian Tarau [mailto:mailinglist@adrian.tarau.org]
> Subject: Getting 404 before the container starts all servlets

> After upgrading Tomcat from 6.X to 7.X, our AJAX client receives 404 for
> 10-15 seconds right after startup. I presume the request is accepted and
> processed before all servlet are initialized, which is not what you
> would expect.

> Is this behavior normal for 7.X? Is there a way to configure 7.x to
> behave like 6.x?

Look at the bindOnInit attribute for <Connector> elements:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/http.html#Standard_Implementation

But be aware of the side effects as discussed in these threads:
http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=136386106909331&w=2
http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=130549517506701&w=2

 - Chuck