tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: All worker threads of my tomcat have been occupied!
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2014 05:32:04 GMT
> From: Benimaur Gao [mailto:benimaur@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: All worker threads of my tomcat have been occupied!

Don't top post - it makes the conversation very difficult to follow.

> that's very strange. I failed to find any thread stack relevant to
> tomcat reloading.

Perhaps you could post the stack trace somewhere we could look at it (e.g., pastebin).

> All settings in my server.xml are just using the default value, except one
> modification to <Context> block to set the real deployment path.

?? Please elaborate on that (be specific).

> what's the condition to trigger tomcat redeployment, and how to avoid it?

The redeployment triggers are specified by <WatchedResource> elements nested inside
<Context> elements.  By default, WEB-INF/web.xml is the only monitored file, specified
in the global conf/context.xml.  Any chance someone did a touch on your webapp's web.xml?

> Does it leave me no choice but upgrading my tomcat?

Always good to stay up to date, but it's not likely to be relevant here.

 - Chuck