tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jesse Barnum <jsb_tom...@360works.com>
Subject Name log files based on Context name?
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2014 18:48:46 GMT
I want my log files to be written to a log file with the same name as my webapp. Users can
dynamically re-name my webapp when they run my installer, so that they can have multiple instances
running, so hard-coding the context name is not a good approach. Is there some environment
variable that I can use in the log file?

> 1catalina.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.level = FINE
> 1catalina.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.directory = ${catalina.base}/logs
> 1catalina.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.prefix = MirrorSync.
> 1catalina.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.encoding = UTF-8

I'd like the word "MirrorSync" to be replaced with the name of the context where this logging.properties
file is loaded from (the logging.properties file is in my classes/ directory). I tried using
${context} but it just put that literal value for the log name.

My users are mostly running in Tomcat 6, with a few who have upgraded to 7.

--Jesse Barnum, President, 360Works
http://www.360works.com
Product updates and news on http://facebook.com/360Works
(770) 234-9293