tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Out of memory exception - top posting
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2014 19:08:51 GMT
Ray Holme wrote:
> Doing anything as root conceals the errors. Tomcat is no exception and changing it to
a real user makes your testing complete.

Guys,
I think that the rule (or should I say suggestion ?) on this list to *not* top-post is not

working.
Either people don't read the rules, or they do not understand the rule, or they just
ignore it.

Anyway, it seems that we're spending more time lately asking people to not top-post, than

actually providing answers to their questions.

So I have a few suggestions of my own :
- have the list software add a message in *bold* to all messages, indicating that top
posts will be *ignored* ?
- just ignore top-posts ?
- drop the rule ?