tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat WebDav directory configuration
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2014 13:14:30 GMT
Sampers, Ruud wrote:
> LS,
>

> Tomcat 7.0.47.
>
> Windows 7
>

> I want to enable WebDav functionality in a different directory that the
> root:
>
> Assume my data directory : c:\DATA.
>

>   <servlet>
>
>         <servlet-name>webdav</servlet-name>
>

> <servlet-class>org.apache.catalina.servlets.WebdavServlet</servlet-class
>
>         <init-param>
>
>             <param-name>debug</param-name>
>
>             <param-value>0</param-value>
>
>         </init-param>
>
>         <init-param>
>
>             <param-name>listings</param-name>
>
>             <param-value>true</param-value>
>
>         </init-param>
>
>         <load-on-startup>6</load-on-startup>
>
>     </servlet>
>

>     <servlet-mapping>
>
>         <servlet-name>webdav</servlet-name>
>
>         <url-pattern>/dav</url-pattern>
>
>     </servlet-mapping>
>

> When I hit the url .../dav I see the content of the root files and dirs.
>

> Now I want to publish the data that is available in C:\DATA.
>
> I'm unable to do this...

I think that what you need to look at is this :
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/context.html (docBase)

In other words, you need to :
- create a /META-INF/context.xml file inside your DAV application
- define a <Context> element inside that file, with the appropriate "docBase" attribute