tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Cannot connect from outside using Tomcat 7/APR/SSL on AWS Windows system
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2014 21:07:48 GMT

will try to
>> with
>> reaches
logged after

>> that port.

>> client.

>>> Yep, just stopping one service and starting the other.  It's
>> something weird with the server, since an identical Tomcat 6 install
>> wouldn't work with a copied and stripped configuration.  I'm double-
>> checking everything, but I think the server's tied the outside IP to
>> the wrong internal IP.  Trying to come up with a way to check that.
>>> Note, the connectors and hosts my original posted server.xml are
>> taken from my original install, but that also has another pair of
>> connectors (different IPv4 address) and some hosts that should only
>> respond on that address, though they are all under one service/engine
>> combo.  The troublesome address connectors and hosts are commented out
>> in the original and the original restarted before I try to start the
>> newer setups.
>> Suggestion: read Part III of the article which I mentioned earlier
>> (http://www.excelsior-usa.com/articles/tomcat-amazon-ec2-basic.html),
>> particularly the section "Assigning an Elastic IP Address".
>>
>> It suggests that there is a lot more going on with AWS instances than
>> merely tying up a socket to an IP address.  I don't know really, but
>> maybe it is something in that area which stymies your attempts..
>>
>> In the meantime, I'll go back to your quoted server.xml (the
>> <Connector> entries), and see if yomething there catches my
>> imagination.
>> What I am thinking of, is some edge case between the AWS IP-binding
>> logic, and APR socket configuration.  After all, it is quite possible
>> that not all such cases would have been thoroughly tested, and you may
>> have stumbled inadvertently on one such.
>>
> Forgot to mention that I am using EIP for all mappings.  I'm not depending on "magic"
from AWS.
> Also, I'm working under Windows, but the basics are the same.

Unfortunately, it looks like I am a bit (much) out of my depth there.  I don't know AWS at

all, and the results of the DNS lookups that I'm doing on the IP and hostnames you quoted

are increasing my confusion..
Looks like something you'll have to work out by yourself.
My last suggestion would be to minimise your configuration (single IP, single HTTP port,
single Host, default page) and start from there.