tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Cannot connect from outside using Tomcat 7/APR/SSL on AWS Windows system
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2014 19:47:05 GMT
Jeffrey Janner wrote:
> [...]

If the connection is not rejected right away with a "connection refused by host", it
normally means that a LISTEN port is opened on that port.

Taken "strictly by the book" and according to your presumed accurate description of the
symptoms above,

A timeout suggests to me that the connection request packet (SYN ?) is received and
accepted by the server, but that the return packet which should tell the client so (ACK
?), never makes it back to the client.
Hence the client waits, until the timeout kicks in.

Are you sure that this server has a route back to the client ?

Or, are you sure that your descriptions so far are really accurate ? For example, is it
really the same server on which you can make this succeed/fail just by switching the Java

and/or Tomcat version, no other changes involved ?
(Also see Konstantin's question about the apparent discrepancy between the netstat output

and your server.xml).

  What's really interesting, I can't seem to get a TC6/Java6 to work now either, at least

not a newly installed one.  If I uncomment the relevant setup from the original and
restart it works.  But a fresh TC6 install copying the webapps dir and the Service
directory in conf and the server.xml, and I'm having the same problem.  Time to run from
Amazon!!!!!