tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier>
Subject Re: webservices deployment.
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2014 16:54:33 GMT
Vicky B wrote:
> HI All,
>   If I want to deploy the webapplication which uses webservice like soap or
> rest do I need a soap engine or rest engine in tomcat ?

Short answer : no.  You do not need any "extra additional Tomcat package" for that.
The web application is what provides the SOAP or Rest "Web Service".  Tomcat just provides

the client/server connectivity and the fact of running that web application when the
client asks for it.

or including
> libraries in the war file is enough?

It should be (I presume you are talking about the war-file containing the "Web Service

Maybe the SOAP/Rest web-application of which you are thinking, requires other things to be

added to Tomcat before you can use it.  But that is an issue of that application, not of
Tomcat.  The documentation of your web-application will tell you what is needed.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message