tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat strips CRLFs from the generated page
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2014 19:24:24 GMT
Asok Chattopadhyay wrote:
> You can see the test servlet working at
> http://workshop.dreamapps.com/da/test

According to what I see when I save this page and view it with an editor that can show the

end-of-lines used, you have a terrible mixture of lines terminated by CR/LF, and lines
terminated by LF alone. And this starts long before line 153 :

lines 1-6 : terminated by CR/LF
lines 7-46 : terminated by LF
lines 47-64 : CR/LF
etc..

I think that you should fix that first, before attempting to find anything that would
strip characters unexpectedly, which is probably not happening.

It looks like you have cut and pasted together parts of different files of different
origins, without paying attention to the different end-of-line sequences used.
Re-read my first answer.