tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Getting 404 before the container starts all servlets
Date Sat, 11 Jan 2014 09:40:20 GMT
On 10/01/2014 23:08, Adrian Tarau wrote:
> I tried with 7.0.47 and I still get 404 regardless of the the state of
> bindOnInit.

Tomcat doesn't serve *any* requests until everything (including
applications) has started up. bindOnInit only controls when it starts
accepting connections.

You should only see any response (including 404s) once all the
applications have reported that they have started.

>From what you describe it appears that your application is continuing to
do some initialisation after it has reported it is started.

Servlets do use lazy init by default but a request to a servlet should
not complete until after the servlet has finished initialising.

All the indications are that the 404s you are seeing are a result of how
your application is designed.

Mark