tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: How to read "time" from a Tomcat server?
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2014 16:45:46 GMT
Bradley Rogers wrote:
> HI
> Is there a command i can issue to get the exact system time that the remote
> Tomcat server is using?
>
> and then is there a command or some way (with applicable admin rights) to
> set the remote time?
>
> the idea is the sync'ing of the different PC's im hoping to use, if there
> is some other way used I am grateful to hear it.  im setting up a
> distributed system thats running in linux.  thanks

This is far from being a Tomcat question..
But since this is Linux, check the web for the "ntpd" daemon and/or the "ntpdate"
commands.  You may also need "hwclock".

As for getting/setting the time remotely, you need some access to the server for that.
If you have command-line access, "date" is your friend.
If not, create a Tomcat webapp using any of the multiple date/time java classes to achieve

this.