tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: JSVC error
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2014 21:48:08 GMT
Christopher Schultz wrote:

> André,
>
> On 12/31/13, 10:04 AM, André Warnier wrote:
>> vicky wrote:
>>> Even after defining the $CATALINA_PID & $JAVA_HOME variable ,
>>> i'm still the getting segmentation error(detailed error mentioned
>>> below)
>>>
>> In my experience, a "segmentation fault" often occurs when the
>> *binary* that you are trying to run, is not made for the platform
>> on which you are trying to run it.
>
> Nah, you get way weirder errors when that happens. jsvc is probably
> somewhat fragile when it gets unexpected input. While that should
> probably be fixed, the problem here is very likely to be
> configuration-related.

I was only talking about my experience.
I don't usually do weird things.
Your mileage may be different.

The OP never told us what "file jsvc" is telling him though.
For example on one of our systems :

# uname -a
Linux server.company.com 2.6.26-2-amd64 #1 SMP Tue Jan 25 05:59:43 UTC 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux
# find / -name jsvc -exec file {} \;
/usr/share/doc/jsvc: directory
/usr/bin/jsvc: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked
(uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.8, stripped