tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ray Holme <rayho...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: serialization and newest tomcat
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2014 15:25:55 GMT
I have (in the past) dealt with transient so OK, makes sense.
Not familiar with "putting in container" to shield from Apache serialization.

Will look for writeup. Thanks.

On Monday, January 13, 2014 10:12 AM, Johan Compagner <jcompagner@servoy.com> wrote:

>IS THERE A WAY TO STOP WARNINGS AND TELL TOMCAT NOT TO SERIALIZE A BEAN?
>
>Right now, I have stopped warnings but caused other problems.

just don't add those beans to a session or if you do add them make sure that they are in containers
and that those fields are transient
then those fields (beans) are not serialized and they are null when they are deserialized
(so you need to refill them if they are needed)

--
Johan Compagner
Servoy