tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Siva Kumar Balaguru <sivabalag...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: enable SSL for Tomcat
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2013 11:12:12 GMT
Hi,

I need to enable SSL for tomcat in a windows server 2008. I have generated
a certificate using the csr generated by this command: certreq -new
request.inf request.req

request.inf:

[NewRequest]

Subject = ""

Exportable = TRUE

KeyLength = 2048

MachineKeySet = TRUE

FriendlyName = "DN of the server"

KeySpec = 1

RequestType = PKCS10

[Extensions]

2.5.29.17 = "{text}"

continue = "Server DN&"

Now with the generated csr file, I have got the certificate from our
organization which in in cer format.

I have imported this certificate to CACERTS using keytool and uncommented
the connector configuration in servers.xml in APACHE conf folder.

Connector port="8443" protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"
SSLEnabled="true" keystoreFile="C:\Program
Files\Java\jre7\lib\security\CACERTS" keystorePass="changeit"
maxThreads="300" scheme="https" secure="true" clientAuth="false"
sslProtocol="TLS"

I didn't find any error on startup of Tomcat but still ssl is not enabled.

Could anyone help me in fixing this?

--
Thanks and Regards,
Siva Kumar Balaguru,