tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rossen Stoyanchev <rstoyanc...@gopivotal.com>
Subject Re: Severe 7.0.47 startup performance regression
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2013 14:22:21 GMT
On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 7:05 AM, Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> wrote:

> There is also the programmatic interface to WebSockets so once there is
> a way to disable the SCI, you can use the programmatic interface to set
> everything up.

Yes, the very existence of a programmatic interface alternative more or
less implies there should be a way to disable the SCI and still be able to
use WebSocket. Is it not possible to use an <absolute-ordering> element in
web.xml? I was under the impression that's the mechanism for applications
to control which web fragments to include or exclude. My understanding from
the EG discussions was that SCI was chosen precisely because it is an
existing mechanism that is understood, so I don't understand the reason why
a new mechanism is needed to control SCI scanning.

Rossen